Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, a place to explore and learn about the experience of running a psychiatric practice. I post about things that I find useful to know or think about. So, enjoy, and let me know what you think.


Wednesday, December 17, 2014

RxNT in Progress

I thought I'd follow up my previous EPCS post to let you know how things are going with RxNT.

I had a bit of a problem setting up the soft token, which is generated by an app called, Safenet Mobilepass. In order to get started, you need to send in an activation code, which shows up on your phone screen. The instructions tell you to take a screenshot so you don't lose the code. My iPhone takes screenshots by pressing the little round button and the top right button simultaneously. My timing was a little off on my first attempt, and I lost the screen. I tried to go back one step, but it wouldn't let me, and I had to get out and start over. It worked the second time, but gave me a new ID. I still can't get rid of the original ID, "Token 1", but I can't use it, either.

My first attempt at sending in a prescription for a controlled substance didn't work. It seemed to go through fine on my end, but then the pharmacy called and said they were getting a message that I wasn't set up for controlled substances. So I emailed support at RxNT, etc. Turns out, the problem was on the pharmacy's end.

Support got back to me the next morning-so that was good. they suggested I delete the "Token 1" ID, but didn't tell me how. I wrote back that I had already tried, and there's no obvious way to do it. Haven't heard back from them on that point yet.

Suffice it to say, all beginnings are difficult.

Other topics of interest:

There's no way to pay RxNT online. No PayPal or anything like that. You have to email or fax a credit card form. That seems like a pretty easy thing to rectify. I mean, I even take PayPal in my office.

There's a "recent rx" tab that lists recent prescriptions (duh) if you click on it. But I can't figure out how to set a date range for how recent I want it. It seems to default to the 4 most recent. You can generate a Rx Report, where you can set the date range as you see fit. But that's just for a reportnot the "recent rx" page.

Similarly, I can't find a screen that simply lists my patients alphabetically. I don't have the EHR set up, so that may be the reason.

Refill requests don't have a direct link to editing. I had to go through the patient link to edit. Maybe I need to practice more, here, and there's something I'm not noticing.

I get a "data could not be loaded" message a lot. But then the data seems to load normally, so I'm just ignoring it.

Finally, this is my silly hangup, but the app icon for the soft token:



Reminds me uncomfortably of the logo for Panera Bread:





I don't know why this bothers me. Something about the relationship between a big, mediocre food chain, and the company that allows me to prescribe controlled substances.