Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, a place to explore and learn about the experience of running a psychiatric practice. I post about things that I find useful to know or think about. So, enjoy, and let me know what you think.


Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Shrinks, Once More, Again

Yes, I thought I was done with Jeffery Liebermans's, Shrinks: The Untold Story of Psychiatry, but it was not to be.

Clinical Psychiatry News asked me to write a shorter review than the one on my blog, from the angle of whether it would be a good book for a psychiatrist to recommend to patients.

So how could I resist? This one is much shorter, and less of a rant.

So please surf over there and check it out. It feels good to have my opinion expressed beyond these confines. I think the site is free but you may have to register. Also, the print version will be out in a few weeks.

Enjoy, and come back here to comment, if you like.


6 comments:

  1. What a concise and accurate post. Thank you

    Leon Hoffman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I haven't been here for awhile. Will definitely look at your review.

    So did anyone post a video of Lieberman's White Institute talk (November 2015)? Last I heard, the video equipment failed, but most of the video was in tact, and was (I think?) going to be released. Haven't been able to find it, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, the video has not been released. I suppose that'll be up to the White Institute.

      Delete