Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, a place to explore and learn about the experience of running a psychiatric practice. I post about things that I find useful to know or think about. So, enjoy, and let me know what you think.


Sunday, April 28, 2013

Another CPT Resource

Here's a link to a CPT "Coach":

http://home.midmaine.com/~mtpmd/PsychCodeCoach.html

It walks you through a checklist that allows you to determine the code for each session. I played around with it a bit, and I personally found it cumbersome and more time-consuming than just writing my note after familiarizing myself with the guidelines.

But some people might find it useful, so check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Thank you, for posting that, and helping spread word about it. Being the author of said tool, let me just add, I'd agree, it's much more cumbersome than writing a note, especially if you know the guidelines. In fact, if you know the guidelines, there's no reason for using the page at all, except perhaps as a double-check that you really understand the coding.

    But, that's not its purpose. It was developed as a teaching tool. Tho it can certainly be used as a coding tool, the purpose was to give people a quick and easy way to master the ins and outs of CPT coding - the familiarizing yourself with the guidelines step, not the after step. The idea being, that something that's hands-on and interactive is more effective for learning and mastery than a lecture, or a rulebook of dense text, or blindly following a flowsheet.

    Regards,

    M. Price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for responding. I have some ideas about the user experience, so if you're interested in hearing them, email me at psychpracticetheblog@gmail.com.

      Delete