I recently posted about ICD-10, with a link and a widget and whatnot. Most of what I posted is still valid, as far as I know. But I got a message today from the same friend and colleague who sent me the original link, about an email she received from the state:
Claims should not contain both ICD-9 codes and ICD-10 codes. Claims that are billed with both ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis codes on the same claim may also be considered unprocessable. Therefore, services rendered prior to October 1, 2015 should be billed separately than services rendered from October 1, 2015 forward.
So I'm going to take the ICD-10 diagnoses off my September bills, and the ICD-9 diagnoses off the October bills. I'm guessing the insurance companies will be confused, but at least they won't be able to say I didn't do what they asked.
Remember: 9 through 9 (September), and 10 starts in 10 (October).
And big thanks to Susan.